This isn’t my first battery-powered garden mower. Two years in the past nearly to the day I purchased the BLACK+DECKER 3-in-1 battery-powered lawnmower. I nonetheless have it however we simply moved to a brand new home that has a bigger garden.
The BLACK+DECKER is mostly a weed wacker that doubles as a garden mower. It did the job for our tiny patch of garden however it was a bit clunky for our now bigger patch of garden.
I didn’t need a corded lawnmower and definitely don’t want a gas-powered mower.
Actually, I’m blissful I purchased the BLACK+DECKER first as a result of I realized that I actually appreciated the battery-powered side of it.
I spent a little bit of time studying the completely different choices on Amazon and settled on the CRAFTSMAN V20. It’s not the most affordable nor the most costly. Buyer critiques had been good so I took a threat and clicked “Purchase”.
24 hours later it was sitting in my storage in a big field. I used to be excited to provide this factor a go so I assembled it immediately and took it for a test-run.
I’ve since mowed my complete garden with it as soon as. Right here’s what I give it some thought and what it’s good to know.
1. Total, I’m extraordinarily happy with this battery-powered garden mower
It’s superior. Price each penny. Notice, that we now have a small garden that took quarter-hour to chop. The reported run time is 50 minutes so I didn’t come near working out of juice for our garden. Right here’s our garden from above (we don’t have any grass within the entrance yard):
2. It took solely 10 minutes to unbox and assemble which was superb as a result of I detest assembling merchandise
The one factor I needed to attache was the bar. The wheels had been on it. Oh yeah, I needed to plug within the batteries however that was straightforward. It took extra time slicing by way of all of the heavy-duty tape securing the field than placing this mower collectively.
3. Not solely that however I used to be capable of assemble it with out referring to the directions
That’s proper; I didn’t not open the instruction booklet. I referred to the photograph on the field as soon as.
4. Comes with two chargers so each batteries can cost on the identical time… but in addition takes up two retailers as nicely
5. It cuts the garden shortly and evenly. It does a great job slicing grass
Beneath is a photograph of my garden after the primary minimize with the CRAFTSMAN V20. I couldn’t be extra happy.
6. The million-dollar query is whether or not it really lasts a full 50 minutes per cost?
Don’t rely on it. My garden takes solely quarter-hour to chop so it’s not a difficulty for me. I had loads of spare battery energy. Nevertheless, the superb print says it’ll final 50 minutes set on the highest setting. I set it on the second-lowest (shorter minimize) so it could not final 50 minutes for me.
My guess is that if your garden takes 35 minutes or much less to chop, you’ll be superb. Significantly, not many individuals set on the highest stage.
7. It’s quiet… for a garden mower
This sucker is whisper quiet. Okay, not that quiet. You possibly can hear it. Your neighbors will hear it if a daily suburban home. But it surely’s not annoyingly loud in any respect. It’s quieter than electrical mowers and undoubtedly extra quiet than the deafening gas-powered.
8. You simply hearth it up by pushing a button after which pulling the triggering deal with
9. It’s very light-weight… for a garden mower
Coming in at 48 kilos, it’s very mild for a garden mower which I appreciated. It was really easy to push across the yard. I needed to restrain myself from going to quick.
10. You possibly can alter the peak to considered one of 5 peak settings. I just like the second-lowest peak (a close-cropped garden is my fashion)
I discovered adjusting the peak to be a little bit of a wiggle and jiggle operation. This a part of the mower is plastic and feels fairly flimsy so I used to be involved about breaking it when making an attempt to regulate the lever.
11. The cuttings catch-bag is detachable which suggests it’s non-compulsory. I like utilizing it to catch the cuttings.
Attaching the cuttings bag is tremendous easy. There are two curved hook-like bars that grasp onto a bar. Anybody can do it. I’m the least mechanical man on the planet and figured it out in 10 seconds.
12. It seems to be prefer it’s made with plenty of plastic as a result of there’s plenty of plastic… together with plastic wheels
I really don’t thoughts as a result of this retains it mild. Nevertheless, the wheels appear fairly low-quality to me. I didn’t have any problem pushing it round however the wheels are undoubtedly not essentially the most rugged set of wheels I’ve had on a garden mower.
13. It’s leaps and bounds extra highly effective at slicing than the BLACK+DECKER weed wacker fashion garden mower I used earlier than
Right here’s what I’m speaking about. I shouldn’t knock it an excessive amount of as a result of I appreciated it simply superb at our outdated place with a tiny patch of grass. I may one-hand this factor across the garden.
Examine the above with my new CRAFTSMAN which has an actual blade:
14. The gross sales web page wasn’t kidding after they stated it folds right into a compact unit for simple storing
Apparently, you may retailer upright as nicely however that’s not vital for me. I retailer it beneath our deck as proven above. I like how the deal with folds through which reduces the floorprint it takes up.
15. Battery-powered garden mowers are the way in which to go IMO
Significantly, in the event you don’t have acres of grass to chop, give a battery-powered mower a shot. I adore it. It’s mild. It’s quiet. No twine getting in the way in which. It’s a lot highly effective. The one problem is whether or not you’ll end the job on one cost.
16. You should purchase it at Amazon and it actually arrived 24 hours after I positioned the order… so impressed
Amazon has a good number of battery-powered garden mowers. This was the one CRAFTSMAN I discovered. There have been just a few manufacturers I had by no means heard. They had been a couple of bucks cheaper. I didn’t need the most affordable (that’s what I purchased final time haha) so I opted for the mid-tier CRAFSTMAN.